Sunday, June 1, 2014

Abstinent and Celibate Celebrities

On their website, Planned Parenthood states, "Used continuously, abstinence is 100 percent effective in preventing pregnancy. It also prevents STDs" (Link). Abstinence means delaying sexual intercourse until a specified commitment, such as a serious relationship or even marriage. 

The governments of Uganda, Philippines, United States and India have had success promoting "the ABC Method" as one of the best ways to prevent the spread of AIDS (Link) (Link) (Link). 

What is the ABC method? Basically it consists of 3 different suggestions: 1) Abstain from sex (until marriage). 2) Be faithful if you do not abstain. 3) Use a condom if you are not faithful (Link)

Being celibate doesn't necessarily mean you will never have sex. In fact, it may simply mean that you are taking a temporary break from sex to focus more on self growth.


Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima - "Sex is for after marriage,' she told GQ. '[Men] have to respect that this is my choice. If there's no respect, that means they don't want me." (Link) In 2009, Lima eloped with her longtime boyfriend and NBA athlete Marko Jaric. Shortly after their marriage she became pregnant.

Tina Fey - "Tina Fey had remained a virgin until she met her husband Jeff Richmond when she was 25. Tina and Jeff had been dating for seven years before they got married in 2001. Now the couple are proud parents to an adorable daughter and expecting their second child later this year." (Link)


Sports Illustrated model Jessica White - "I thought to myself, you know what, the next man that I give my body to will be the man that God brought into my life." (Link)


Seattle Seahawks Quarterback Russell Wilson and singer Ciara (Link) "The 31-year-old singer went on to say that because she and Wilson waited to have sex, it helped strengthen their bond and their relationship."
Carrie Underwood - "The American Idol winner had always planned to wait until marriage to have sex, and she did just that when she married Mike Fisher in 2010." (Link)

AC Green (L.A. Lakers 3-time NBA champion) - (Link) "He is the NBA's 'Iron Man,' playing in a record 1,192 consecutive games over the course of his distinguished career. And is the league's most famous virgin. It's hard to even imagine who might be the runner-up in that category.Green's playing days are over, but his commitment to the message of abstinence, which he lived out until his marriage in 2002 [at the age of 38], is still going strong" (Link).




Nikolai Tesla - "Tesla allegedly died a virgin -- but when you’re busy pioneering new methods of generating electricity, I guess the idea of sex seems sort of commonplace" (Link).

"Housewives of New Jersey" Danielle Staub - "I'm abstinent now," she said recently. "I realized that with abstinence, if you really, really believe in yourself like I do, you discover your own self-worth." (Link)


Tim Gunn from Project Runway"I haven't had sex in 29 years. Do I feel like less of a person for it? No. Not even remotely. I'm happy to be healthy and alive, quite frankly...I don't want to imply to anyone that I have a mandate that says 'No sex.' I don't. I don't know what's around the corner." (Link)


"Friends" Star Lisa Kudrow - "Friends' Lisa Kudrow remained abstinent until her 1995 nuptials (she was 31). She explained in an interview with W, "I decided pretty early on that I should stay a virgin until I got married. My virginity was something I had decided was very precious, something that I owned, to give away. It was an honor I was bestowing on a young man, and he had to be worthy of it." (Link)




Colin Farrell After a break up with writer Emma Forrest in 2009, Colin Farrell chose to be celibate for a season, reportedly telling his friends "I've had enough". Several months later, he started dating Alicja Bachleda-Curus and eventually they had a child together. He recently called fatherhood “a lovely little adventure to be on."(Link)

Tim Tebow (NFL Quarterback) - "Florida quarterback Tim Tebow is a virgin. With a laugh, a quip and the words, 'Yes, I am,' Tebow became perhaps the only college kid in the country who will be asked in a public forum to discuss such a private matter" (Link(Link 2).

Lady Gaga - "Honestly you should wait as long as you possibly can to have sex” (Link). "I can't believe I'm saying this -- don't have sex. It's not really cool any more to have sex all the time. It's cooler to be strong and independent. It's OK not to have sex, it's OK to get to know people. I'm celibate, celibacy's fine." (Link"I have this weird thing that if I sleep with someone they're going to take my creativity through my vagina" (Link). 


Terrence Howard (Oscar nominated actor) - “If a relationship is built on sexuality, it won’t last long. Now I’m completely chaste through a relationship unless I get married. I don’t believe in premarital sex. It enabled me to date three or four women at the same time, because as long as I wasn’t having sex with them, I could always just walk away.” (Link)

Lenny Kravitz - "In 2008, he said he'd been celibate for three years. 'It's just a promise I made until I get married. Where I'm at in life, the women have got to come with something else, not just the body, but the mind and spirit. It usually trips them out, but that's the way it's going to be. I'm looking at the big picture.'" (Link)

Prince - "I'm single, celibate and sexy - I feel free." "That's what happens wth years of celibacy - it all goes into the music. This time, it has to be the right person." (Link)


Leelee Sobieski - "I guess 26 is kind of old to lose your virginity, but it was important to me that I remained a virgin until after I was married" (Link). Sobieski achieved recognition in her mid-teens for her performance in the 1998 film Deep Impact and as the daughter of a costume store owner in Eyes Wide Shut (1999). She received an Emmy nomination for the TV movie Joan of Arc, and two Golden Globe nominations for Joan of Arc and the TV movie Uprising.

Zig Ziglar (Motivational speaker and author) - "If you get involved in premarital sex and later discover that you really are not meant for each other, it will be more difficult to part company. On the other hand, if there are no guilt-strings attached because of a sexual relationship, it will be much easier for both of you to walk away with a clear conscience and with your heads held high." Link


Tamera Mowry - Originally famous for being a star in the show "Sister, Sister," Tamera has gone on to enjoy success co-hosting national talk show "The Real". "I’m religious, so I waited until I was 29 to lose my virginity," she explained. "You may not understand this [but] I did it, then I felt guilty, then I became celibate until I got married” (Link).

Morrissey - "For years, performer Morrissey claimed to be both asexual and celibate, saying in 1994 he was 'dramatically, supernaturally, non-sexual.' He now declines to talk about his sexuality, except to tell NME in 2006 that he's having sex. Probably with a vegetarian" (Link).

Patty Mallette - Justin Bieber's mother had Justin when she was just 19. At age 21, she decided to stay celibate until she got married. "That was 17 years ago, and she says she's still keeping her promise." (Link)

Bristol Palin "She may be the most well-known teen mom in America, but Bristol Palin doesn't want other teens following her footsteps. She's joined forces with the Candie's Foundation to encourage teens to wait on sex until they're married. And what about for her? She's sworn that she's not having sex again until she is married. "It's a realistic goal for myself," she said when Oprah pushed her on the topic." (Link)


Hillary Scott from Lady Antebellum - Hillary Scott has not made public statements regarding abstinence. However, she hints at it in a song she co-wrote called "Just a Kiss". "This song is about one of those times when your brain kicks in and tells your heart 'good things are worth waiting for,'" she said (Link). “Hillary was saying it’s cool to have ‘just a kiss’ goodnight rather than going all the way”, said Dallas Davidson, who co-wrote the song with her (Link).

Jonas Brothers - (Link) (Link 2)

1 comment:

  1. Yes yes & yes many cancers & like diseases like HIV/AIDS, HSV/HERPES, and many organ related diseases are cured this days with herbal remedies & more herbal treatments are being discovered all the time. More anticancer & antiviral herbal drugs are in clinical trials this days than ever before and promising herbalist like Dr Utu all thanks to him. I do hear of many people he has helped cured their diseases using African natural Herbs & Roots. I'm Paul G. From Australia a father of four which include 3 girls and a boy. My boss is more than a father to me, he assist my family even financially. He completely lost himself when he was diagnosed of kidney stone & to make matter worst he started noticing his first outbreak. Ever since his kidney stone issues, he keep having herpes outbreak on any little fever. He's my boss and the only way I can pay him is to help his situation. At first I doubted Dr Utu, but in a case of life & death as this am left with only a choice. I contacted Dr Utu to give him a try. He sent herbal meds to my boss that completely flushed out the stone in his kidney. He completely cured my boss of kidney stone and herpes virus using African herbs. I also prescribed this herbal cure for a colleague with HIV and he was completely cured. Dr Utu is health future. Through me Dr Utu have completely cured; herpes, hiv, cancers, kidney stone. I think it pays to be good because you never know who might pay you back in future. So my knowledge on this is what I share. For the sick, trying herbal meds will tell you the different. Reach Dr Utu on his email; drutuherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete