Sunday, May 7, 2023

How I'm Feeling off Coffee

I love the taste of coffee. It's one of my favorite tasting drinks in the world. I also think it has some benefits as well. These are some of the reasons I've found it very hard to quit this decade-long habit. 

Yet, I've struggled with afternoon "crashes" where I feel gloomy, tired and even a bit depressed. I've noticed it more when I drink more coffee in the mornings. There's definitely a pattern, and so I've taken up the difficult task of quitting coffee recently. 

It's been about a week now since I've had any coffee. And honestly, I'm loving it. Yes, the first few days were tough. But I took some Advil as needed, and it kept the headaches at bay. Now I'm drinking Dandy Blend or Teeccino (coffee alternatives) in the morning instead of coffee, and green tea in the afternoons. 

The best benefit I've noticed from quitting coffee is that my evenings aren't filled with depression like before. I tend to feel positive in the evenings this past week, rather than depressed and gloomy. It's been a significant switch, and it's quite nice to rid myself of the typical evening gloom. 

For these reasons... I'm hoping I can keep coffee out of my diet for good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment