2) I'm a huge fan of Dr. Axe, and when I read his story about his mother beating cancer naturally, I was so thankful that he published it. Here's an excerpt from his story:
"After [my mother's] diagnosis, she took the advice of her oncologists at the Cleveland Clinic and underwent a mastectomy followed by many rounds of chemotherapy. I can still remember seeing my mom’s hair fall out and thinking she had aged 10 years in the few weeks following chemo.
Praise God, after all of her treatments, she was diagnosed as being “cancer-free” and healthy. But for the next several years, she was sicker than she’d ever been in her life and struggled with constipation, candida, depression and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Then, around nine years after her first diagnosis, a terrible thing happened: She was diagnosed with cancer again. At that point, I had experience working in the natural health field, so when I flew home, we prayed together and talked about the best healthcare strategy. She decided to pursue natural cancer treatments by focusing on diet and lifestyle changes.My mom started following an all-natural plan that included vegetable juicing, probiotic foods, immune-boosting supplements, stress reducing techniques and prayer. And after only four months, the tumors on her lungs had shrunk significantly and one year after that, she was again diagnosed as being “cancer-free” and healthy. It’s now been 10 years and my mom recently turned 60 years old — and she is in the best shape of her life, regularly water skiing, running and still going strong.
I want to be clear: I am not claiming that what we did with my mother is a cancer cure. But I believe these natural therapies, either used by themselves or in conjunction with conventional medical treatments, may support the body in the healing process" (Link).
3) Another amazing story comes from the Huffington Post. This lady has survived cancer for ten years, and is still fighting it successfully. In her article, she talks about finding the best medical doctors, but also about going vegan. In her own words:
"[Being diagnosed with cancer] was the catalyst I needed to find a compassionate way of eating and living. In a nutshell, my food philosophy is as follows: Embrace gorgeous greens, beans, legumes, nuts, seeds, grains, sea veggies, fruits and vegetables galore. Crowd out inflammatory, hormone-filled animal products (even when organic) by filling your plate with plant-strong whole foods. And while you’re at it, pull back on the processed white stuff, especially sugar" (Link).
"Contrary to what mainstream medicine would have you believe, there are many natural and alternative cancer protocols which can help to beat cancer. More importantly, alternative therapies are usually much more effective and safe than mainstream cancer treatments − which actually cause cancer and cause it to spread.
5 Keys for Beating Cancer
2) Making your body as inhospitable to cancer as possible
3) Eating and living as healthy of an anti-cancer diet and lifestyle as possible
4) Building and maintaining a healthy immune system − your natural first line of defense against cancer and other illness
5) Taking strong anti-cancer and immune boosting herbs and other supplements...
Eat a mostly raw, mostly vegetable diet, and be sure to include lots of cancer-fighting cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage." (Link).