Sunday, March 18, 2012

Amazing Success Stories from Long Term Vegans and Vegetarians

Dr. Ellsworth Wareham is 98 years old, and has been a vegan for 50 years now. He takes a B12 supplement.

Jay Kordich is 89 and has been a vegan (eating about 75% raw foods) for the past 65 years. Kordich had bladder cancer in his 20's and says he cured his cancer by eating raw fruits and vegetables. Kordich promotes juicing and eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. In his book titled "Power of Juicing" he says, "I consider myself a fruitarian when I eat and a vegetarian when I juice. Vegetables are the body builders; fruits are the energizers and cleansers" (p. 219). On his blog, Kordich states, "Eating a diet rich in vegetarian foods/vegan foods is KEY to staying vitally healthy.  If you cannot give up dairy, please know that cheese is loaded with saturated fats that hurt our arteries. Cheese especially has casein in it that is basically glue.  If you must eat dairy products, butter, cheese and milk are the worst culprits. Yoghurt and fermented milk products would be the only dairy products acceptable, but even then, only 5% of our diet should consist of these products. The other 95% should be: fruits, nuts, seeds, grains, legumes and vegetables." (LinkKordich promotes getting vitamins D from sunlight (or a supplement if necessary) and B12 from nutritional yeast or tempeh (Link). 

Jim Morris, a former Mr. America, is 72 (in 2013) and lives solely off of fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, seeds and beans. He currently works out an hour per day, and says he feels and he looks better now than he has for years. He eats a "whole foods" vegan diet, meaning he avoids all processed foods.

Victoria Moran has been a vegan for 30 years (in 2013). She went from obese and depressed to healthy and happy. She gives a vegan diet much credit for this:

Karen Calabrese is 65 years old and she has been a vegan for 40 years. She has been a raw vegan for 30 years. In her book, "Soak Your Nuts", she says she gets most of her B12 from fermented foods such as raw sauerkraut, rejuvelac and kombucha. Yet for most people, she encourages taking supplementation of vitamin B12, vitamin D, flax seed oil, probiotics and digestive enzymes. 


Markus Rothkranz was sick and dying at 30 years old when he switched his diet. He has been a raw, whole foods vegan for ever since, and is now a thriving at 50 years old (in 2013). Rothkranz eats "green smoothies" for most meals (half fruits, half vegetables). He also promotes taking a B12 supplement.
\
John Kohler was on his death bed when he discovered the raw, whole foods vegan diet. He claims that this diet has healed him. Kohler recommends that vegans take a B12 supplement.


Reverend George Malkmus is 78 years old in 2012. When he was 42 years old, his doctor discovered a life-threatening, baseball sized tumor in his colon. At that point, George decided to start eating a raw vegan diet. According to his report, the tumor disappeared within one year! Malkmus has been a raw vegan ever since. On his website, George recommends taking a B12 supplement, flax seed oil, alfalfa, vitamin D and daily carrot juice (Link).


At 6:42 in the following video, 71 year-old Barry Koral talks about his raw vegan lifestyle. Koral looks much younger than his age, and he has been a 100% raw vegan since the year 2000!
At age 26, Christina Pirello was diagnosed with terminal leukemia. By the time her illness was identified, the cancer had already advanced to an acute stage. Her doctors gave her little reason to have hope for the effectiveness of conventional medical therapies and told her she had only months to live. Initially, she was discouraged and uncertain. Then a co-worker introduced her to Robert Pirello, a whole foods advocate who helped her adapt her lifestyle and diet based on whole, unprocessed food. With love, dedication and death-defying discipline, Christina overcame the odds, and in the process developed an expertise in cooking with whole, vegan foods. After just two months of eating beans, grains and vegetables, her doctors noticed a significant improvement in her condition. In fourteen months, her cancer was gone. From that time, she was utterly convinced of the close relationship between diet and health. She knew her life’s calling was to help others discover the importance of this relationship in their own lives. To that end, she studied and became an expert in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda, acupuncture and earned a Masters Degree in Nutrition. Today, almost 27 years later, Christina is a glowing example and inspiration on the power that our food choices have on our overall health and well being (Link).

Gabriel Cousens is a Medical Doctor who is 69 years old (in 2012). He has been a raw vegan for 28 years. Cousens encourages supplementation in B12, vitamin D and Omega 3, vitamin C, vitamin A, carnosine and vitamin K. He promotes this supplementation both for vegans and for meat eaters.


Bernando LaPallo is 111 years old in 2012, as he was born in 1901 (link). He eats mainly raw fruits, raw vegetables and fresh juices. LaPallo also eats wild caught fish about 3 times per week. LaPallo is the world's oldest blogger.


As of 2012, Dr. Stanley Bass is a 91 year old raw foodist. His diet mainly consists of raw vegetables, a smaller amount of fresh fruit, and 1-2 raw egg yolks every day for vitamin B12, Omega 3, vitamin D, etc. He also occasionally eats chicken liver for extra B12.


Dr. Robert Lockhart is 68 years old. He's been vegan for 45 years and eaten only raw foods for 30 years. Though he used to be a "fruitarian", Dr. Lockhart eventually learned that greens are an essential part of a diet. Lockhart eats green smoothies almost on a daily basis. His smoothies include about half fruit and half leafy green vegetables. He also eats lots of fresh fruit.



Jack Lalanne invented the "Jumping Jack"and is known as the "Godfather of Fitness". He recently passed away at the age of 96. He promoted a high raw diet of 10 raw vegetables and 5 raw fruits a day. He also included fish in his diet.



"Happy birthday to Loreen Dinwiddie, who has an awesome name and just turned 108 years young! She credits her vegan diet, which she started in 1922 with her husband, for her longevity. Loreen, a Seventh-Day Adventist, says she draws her diet from biblical teachings” (Link). A 7th Day Adventist diet is vegetarian and also may include occasional eggs, dairy and honey (Link).



Lou Corona is 60 years old and he's been a raw vegan for 40 years:


Dr. Aris LaTham has been a vegan since 1970 and a raw vegan since 1976.


Mimi Kirk is 72 years old and has been a vegetarian for over 40 years. She has been a raw vegan for a few years as well.



Joel Brody - Raw Vegetarian for over 40 Years.




2 comments:

  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes & yes many cancers & like diseases like HIV/AIDS, HSV/HERPES, and many organ related diseases are cured this days with herbal remedies & more herbal treatments are being discovered all the time. More anticancer & antiviral herbal drugs are in clinical trials this days than ever before and promising herbalist like Dr Utu all thanks to him. I do hear of many people he has helped cured their diseases using African natural Herbs & Roots. I'm Paul G. From Australia a father of four which include 3 girls and a boy. My boss is more than a father to me, he assist my family even financially. He completely lost himself when he was diagnosed of kidney stone & to make matter worst he started noticing his first outbreak. Ever since his kidney stone issues, he keep having herpes outbreak on any little fever. He's my boss and the only way I can pay him is to help his situation. At first I doubted Dr Utu, but in a case of life & death as this am left with only a choice. I contacted Dr Utu to give him a try. He sent herbal meds to my boss that completely flushed out the stone in his kidney. He completely cured my boss of kidney stone and herpes virus using African herbs. I also prescribed this herbal cure for a colleague with HIV and he was completely cured. Dr Utu is health future. Through me Dr Utu have completely cured; herpes, hiv, cancers, kidney stone. I think it pays to be good because you never know who might pay you back in future. So my knowledge on this is what I share. For the sick, trying herbal meds will tell you the different. Reach Dr Utu on his email; drutuherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete