Monday, August 15, 2016

Kevita Vs. Kombucha



Tonight I had a Kombucha craving and drove to my local Walmart, looking for their usual stash of GT Dave's Synergy Kombucha. I was disappointed that their kombucha stock was empty, so I begrudgingly went for something that looked similar: a Kevita Sparkling Probiotic drink.

The Kevita boasts a wide range of healthy probiotics and a wide range of flavors, including lemon-cayenne, blueberry-cherry, pomegranate and hibiscus-cherry, among other flavors. I went for a strawberry-acai coconut.

My first impression was overall very good. It had a nice carbonation, a lightly sweet, fruity flavor and the probiotics were noticeable. The probiotics smelled slightly like yogurt, which I actually kind of enjoyed. The healthy, energetic feeling that follows after drinking a kombucha is hard to describe, but I felt the same way after drinking the Kevita.

I can't say with certainty that I liked the Kevita Sparkling Probiotic drink more or less than GT Dave's Synergy Kombucha. Kevita Sparkling drinks do have a slight taste of stevia, which I'm not a huge fan of. However, overall the bubbly / fruity sensation was enjoyable, and I can say that I'm excited to have another sparkling probiotic option.

On a side note, at about $3 a bottle, these probiotic drinks are expensive, and I hope they do go down in price. I'm not rich, and it's sad to me how expensive it is to be healthy. My hope is that products like Kevita will provide the necessary competition to drive down the price of probiotic and other healthy drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment