Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Christian Diet - Ten Commandments of Eating

1) How we eat does effect our health.

"Blessed are you, O land, whose king is of nobility and whose princes eat at the appropriate time—for strength and not for drunkenness" - Ecclesiastes 10:17

"They are headed for destruction. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth." Philippians 3:19

"Do not be with heavy drinkers of wine, Or with gluttonous eaters of meat; For the heavy drinker and the glutton will come to poverty, And drowsiness will clothe one with rags." - Proberbs 23:20-21 (NASB)

"And put a knife to your throat if you are a person of great appetite" (Proverbs 23:2).

"But this kind [of demon] does not go out except by prayer and fasting” (Words of Jesus found in Matthew 17:21). According to Merriam-Webster's online dictionary, one definition of fasting is to "abstain from some foods".

"At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead" - Daniel 1:15-16

2) We should not test God with our health. 

In Luke 4:12, Jesus says "You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.” This was a response to the devil tempting Jesus to jump off of a tall building, testing God and his angels to save Jesus from this unhealthy decision. Similarly, Christians are often tempted to destroy our bodies, not by jumping off a cliff, but by eating unhealthy and destructive "foods" and chemicals. Whether we test God by jumping off a cliff or by ingesting life-shortening foods and substances, it is still considered sin in the Bible.

3) Plant-based foods (fruits, vegetables and grains) were specifically designed for human consumption. Damaging drugs and dangerous chemicals are never labeled as food in the Bible.

"Then God said, 'Look! I have given you every seed-bearing plant throughout the earth and all the fruit trees for your food.'" - Genesis 1:29 (New Living Translation)

"Then the land will yield its fruit, and you will eat your fill and live there in safety." - Leviticus 25:19

"The fruit will be good food, and the leaves will be used for healing" - Ezekiel 47:12

"But in the fifth year you may eat its fruit. In this way your harvest will be increased. I am the Lord your God." (Leviticus 26:4)

"On each side of the river grew a tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, with a fresh crop each month. The leaves were used for medicine to heal the nations." - Revelation 22:2 (NLT)

Jesus almost certainly ate a kosher diet - rich in fresh fruits and vegetables - which is consistent with Jewish tradition (Matthew 5:18-19). Out of hunger, Jesus approached a fig tree for food (Matthew 21:18-22). Jesus often used fruits and vegetables as a positive metaphor (John 15:1-6, Luke 13:6-9, Luke 8:5-15).

"Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself." - Ezekiel 4:9



4) The Bible also declared certain meats OK to eat. 

"Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant." - Genesis 9:3

"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people." - Matthew 14:19

"And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you." (Leviticus 11:7). "I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved. So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God’s laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven." (Words of Christ) - Matthew 5:18-19

5) The Bible speaks against animal cruelty. 

"Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel." - Proverbs 12:10.

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God."  - Luke 12:6

6) Vegetarianism is not prohibited. However, being judgmental is prohibited. 

"One person believes it’s all right to eat anything. But another believer with a sensitive conscience will eat only vegetables. Those who feel free to eat anything must not look down on those who don’t. And those who don’t eat certain foods must not condemn those who do, for God has accepted them. Who are you to condemn someone else’s servants? They are responsible to the Lord, so let him judge whether they are right or wrong." - Romans 14:2-4 (NLT)

"What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.” Matthew 15:11

"You may eat any meat that is sold in the marketplace without raising questions of conscience. For the earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it." note: this was regarding meat (most likely kosher) that was offered to idols - 1 Corinthians 10:25-26

7) We should enjoy our food.

God "richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment." - 1 Timothy 6:17

"There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God." - Ecclesiastes 2:24

"Behold, what I have seen to be good and fitting is to eat and drink and find enjoyment in all the toil with which one toils under the sun the few days of his life that God has given him, for this is his lot." Ecclesiastes 5:18

 "Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred". - Proverbs 15:17

"For why should my freedom be limited by what someone else thinks? If I can thank God for the food and enjoy it, why should I be condemned for eating it?" - 1 Corinthians 10:29-30

8) Our health matters to God.

"Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit." - 3 John 1:2

"[My words] are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body." - Proverbs 4:22

9) While drunkenness and gluttony are sins, alcohol in moderation is not sinful.

"No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments." - 1 Timothy 5:23

Jesus turned water into wine. - John 2:1-12.

"It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything else if it might cause another believer to stumble." - Romans 14:21

10) We should be thankful for our food.

"God created those foods to be eaten with thanks by faithful people who know the truth." - 1 Timothy 4:3

1 comment:

  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete